When was the last time you sneaked an overgrown zucchini onto a neighbor’s porch? Once a neighbor left an enormous zucchini wrapped in a baby blanket on my porch. I never figured out who did it but it made me laugh. I haven’t done a stealth zucchini drop on a neighbor for a long time though mainly because I have a million zucchini recipes.
One thing you should know about me, I am a recipe hoarder. I admit it. I have an accordion file folder filled with recipes, many Pinterest boards filled with tempting recipes, and I subscribe to several food magazines. Despite the volume of recipes I already have stashed I cannot resist looking for new ones too. Here are a few that I found this summer that I had to try.
- Zuni Café Zucchini Pickles – These are incredibly easy to make. I love to make quick refrigerator pickles with zucchini during summer. They are incredibly crisp and flavorful. Use a mandoline slicer if you have one, it makes the prep on this a snap.
- Marinated Zucchini Salad – Isn’t this pretty? A friend of mine made this salad to accompany eggplant parmesan. It was perfect.
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps – Baked not fried yet crispy and delicious. Even my non-zucchini eating vegetarian son will gobble these up. I sub panko for the breadcrumbs for extra crunch.
- Zucchini Boats– The filling is so flavorful! Such good color and crunch from the veggies and warmth from the cinnamon. Plus, the rice and lentils ensure that the dish is hearty. Great for a light summer meal especially with a glass of rose.
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread – Chocolate + zucchini. It’s practically health food, right? This recipe calls for 2 cups of zucchini which should put a dent in supply. I subbed the butter with applesauce to cut down the fat. Perfect with a cup of coffee or tea.
Let me know if you have any favorite zucchini recipes. I have four squash plants in my garden….